NEW HOPE BAPTIST
Friday, August 23, 2019
Ordinary People Serving An Extraordinary God

Our History

 
It 1949, a group of dedicated Christians began meeting in the New Hope School House for Sunday School and Worship services under the leadership of Rev. B.B. Boaz.  Less than a year later on March 12, 1950, New Hope Baptist Church was organized with seventeen charter members. Established to serve a part of the southern area of Trigg County, the organizers shared a lover for God and fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

 
Several years later in May of 1974, New Hope Baptist Church organized a mission in East Cadiz under the leadership of Rev. O.D. Boyd. This mission would later become organized and known as East Cadiz Baptist Church on June 2, 1974.  At the time, seventeen members from New Hope went there to help carry out the great commission of the Lord and He continues to bless to this day.

As the years past, New Hope grew and expanded the building by adding much needed Sunday School rooms.  Assistance was given by our members, volunteers and a group of dedicated Christians from Duncan, South Carolina. Later in 2006, New Hope built and dedicated its present church sanctuary through the hard work and prayer of our members, church trustees and then pastor, Bro. Gary Snyder.  As we continue to grow, we hope that you will visit and hopefully be a part of our history that is yet to come. 

 
Recent Pastors
Bro. Todd Gray
Bro. Gary Snyder
Bro. Mark Thweatt 
Bro. Bock White
Bro. Steven Nichols (current)